Thursday 7 June 2012

Evaluation of Different Search Strategies

Discussions: Another strategy I used to research was, discussions with friends and family who where readily available and open minded. Speaking with mother and auntie I was able to get more understanding and guidance on my career pathways.

Youtube: I used youtube to listen to a variety of video clips by Dani Johnson who is one of my most inspiring business developer and speaker. The information was very useful, I got lots of tips on how to develop as and individual and a business. One of the things she pointed out that still stick is that we need to continuously develop our skills in order to be successful in all areas of our life.

Google: Job sites are coming a popular trend on the net. Having used google to browse for different job profiles, it became evident that even though their is a credit crunch and people are struggling to find work, there are still thousands or even millions of jobs on the World Wide Web that majority of the population are not accessing. For whatever reason, these jobs are just being wasted.

The World Wide Web is such an amazing tool to use for any kind or research. Information is readily available at your finger tips. You can Google and browse with the right key words and you will find exactly what you are looking for. I found using the internet very convenient in comparison to visiting the library and searching the shelves for relevant information. The internet is time and cost effective tool. I would encourage anyone to use it.






No comments:

Post a Comment